KFC is a popular fast food chain that specializes in fried chicken. If you’re looking for an easy recipe to make your own spicy chicken at home, check out our tutorial on how to make KFC spicy chicken.
KFC Spicy Chicken Recipe Ingredients
KFC has a spicy chicken recipe that is a fan favorite. The secret to making this dish spicy is using panko breadcrumbs and seasoned flour! Panko is a Japanese breadcrumb that is sometimes used in place of regular breadcrumbs. It is high in protein and helps the chicken to retain moisture and flavor. You can use regular breadcrumbs if you want, but panko will give the chicken a more intense flavor.
How to Make KFC Spicy Chicken?
- 4-6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2½ tsp salt
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 tsp white pepper
- 3⁄4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 3⁄4 tsp msg
- 1⁄8 tsp garlic powder
- 1⁄8 tsp baking powder
- Trim any excess skin and fat from the chicken pieces.
- Preheat shortening in a deep-fryer to 350 degrees F.
- Combine beaten egg and milk in a medium bowl; combine the remaining ingredients in another medium bowl.
- To make the chicken crispy, you have to soak each piece in egg and milk so liquid doesn’t drip off. While using a paper towel, dip in flour. Coat chicken heavily with the mixture.
- Pick up pieces of chicken, one at a time. Place the chicken in the hot shortening, first on a plate, then stack it on top of one another on a cookie sheet.
- Fry half of the chicken for 12-15 minutes, or until it is golden brown. Stir the chicken once halfway through cooking time so that each piece cooks evenly. Remove chicken from heat and drain on a rack or towel to cool for 5 minutes before eating.
- Serve and enjoy!
|Prep: 20 mins||Cook: 20 mins||Total: 40 mins||Serves: 6people|